Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Vintage Bridal Shower

I recently hosted a bridal shower at my house for a friend...the entire bridal shower was vintage inspired...I mean would you expected anything else...I guess if you are reading this blog...you have kinda of picked up on the theme of my life!

Any ways, I wanted to share some pictures with you from the bridal shower. This was so simple to decorate for and quite easy to put on! The bridesmaids did most of the hard work...I just decorated and did all the flowers!

 This is the sun room / my craft room...when you enter through the back of my house...this is a fold down table that was built into the wall (my house is 75 years old)...so this is original to the house...on the table we placed wedding shower favors...with a chalkboard sign that stated "Take a favor for planting and Let happiness grow". We put small seeds into craft paper envelopes and sealed with a small button. I used old vintage books and milk glass jars to display flowers and pictures of the bride and groom.
 Here was the cupcake display and one of the flower arrangements I put in an old mason jar. The flowers I used for the shower were various roses, carnations, succulents, and greenery from my garden. The roses and carnations I purchased from a local grocery.

I have a friend at work that makes awesome cupcakes - Lainey Toups - if you live in my area (Thibodaux/ Houma) and ever need a cake or cupcakes - she does great work!! I used mini chalkboard sticks that I bought from the dollar bin at Michael's...wish I would have bought a ton more...because I use them all the time!

Of course we have to serve coffee...I just displayed what was being served on a green vintage chalkboard and put it on a vintage scale that I recently got during a trip to Denham Springs!
So we were able to acquire enough small mason jars for drinking before the shower...so I put this old dresser drawer on the corner of my bar and stacked all the mason jars in the drawer....it was perfect for grabbing!
Of course you need paper straws...right? Where do I order them from...well my favorite two places to shop for party supplies are....Shop Sweet Lulu and The TomKat Studio
The fruit bar...with lots of different dips


Flowers...and I put the little chalkboard sticks in the flower arrangements (bride and groom is Kira & Wes...so you will see I use the K+W alot!!)

Drink station! 

Hope you enjoyed...I will be following up with a post about the wedding that just took place!!

Vera

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Superb vintage bridal shower! The cupcakes are looking so delicious. I am craving on them. I would like to add such cupcakes to my best friend’s bridal shower. She is getting married on next weekend at one of domestic San Francisco wedding venues. Eagerly waiting for her special day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails